This discreet orthodontic technique uses a series of custom-made aligners to gradually move crooked, gappy or crowded teeth to an improved position. As it is a less noticeable way to straighten teeth, it is suitable for adults or teenagers who may feel self-conscious about wearing very obvious braces.
These innovative aligners can also be taken out, so you can maintain your oral hygiene as normal, eat whatever you choose and remove them for special occasions.
Advantages of Invisalign®
- Almost invisible – made from a special clear plastic, the aligners are completely discreet when you smile
- Removable – there’s no need to change your diet as you can simply remove the aligners when you eat.
- Custom-made – accurately crafted using impressions of your teeth, your aligners have a superior fit.
- Comfortable – the aligners are made with care and attention, made to fit snugly and comfortably with no rubbing.
What does treatment involve?
- If you are a suitable candidate for this adult-friendly treatment, we take impressions and photos, and collect other information about your teeth. We then use special 3D technology to create a personalised plan, which shows how your teeth will move and also how they will look after treatment.
- When the aligners are ready, you will wear a different one every two weeks until the carefully controlled force shifts your teeth to a better position. You may feel minor discomfort when a new aligner is fitted but this is usually just a feeling of pressure and a good indicator that the treatment is working.
- Treatment times will vary depending on your individual issue, but most cases are completed in 6-12 months. As the aligners only work while you are actually wearing them, we recommend they are kept in place for 22–24 hours per day.